The programme will include the presentations of renowned domestic and foreign experts. We would also like to invite all the parties interested in the research and development of the conference topics to actively participate.
- The influence of internet use on everyday life
- Challenges of the internet use on the changes of health-related behaviours
- Changes of the paradigm/concept of health professionals’ work
- Discourse on the value of online healthcare services
- General public and professional discussion boards/forums: quality of information, access, efficiency of online treatment, patients as ‘web professionals – online diagnosis seekers
- Introduction of internet in healthcare settings
- Virtual health ecosystem: virtual healthcare team, virtual self-help groups
- Digital health literacy
- Health prevention on the internet
Speakers and active participants
The following institutions will actively participate or provide sponsorship to the conference:
- Ministry of Health
- Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SASA)
- National Institute of Public Health – eHealth project (NIJZ)
- The Slovenian Medical Informatics Association (SDMI)
- Faculty of Organizational Sciences Kranj
- Jožef Stefan Institute
Active involvement of healthcare users in decision-making processes and consequent decreased prevalence of chronic non-infectious diseases may optimize the overall cost of healthcare. These goals are shared by the health insurance companies which may, as a reward, offer their clients individualised preventive services. If these goals are achieved, healthy individuals may live an active life and contribute to the development of the society as a whole.
The programme is under evaluation at the Nurses and Midwives Association of Slovenia.